GSWP 87 – Nominations for a new GSWP Chairperson

Dear All;

Please be advised that, as of end of March, I will no longer be able to continue my tenure as Chairperson of GSWP because I have taken up a position with a new school in Pretoria.

I will, as a matter of urgency, within the next week, hand over to a willing candidate that will have to carry on with preparations of the provincial team such as trials and coaching appointments for the SA Schools tournament as well organizing the LOC to host the tournament in Johannesburg.

Obviously it makes sense for me not to make coaching appointments that may be changed under the new Chairperson.

Can I please ask you to send in nominations for said person by this Thursday 26 February 2009 to buysm@stdavids.co.za?

I will, from the proposed list, compile the candidates, one of whom will be voted in to serve as the new GSWP chairperson with the existing executive until the AGM.

Note: There is a possibility that I would continue to serve the larger Gauteng Water Polo community which would incorporate Northerns and Easterns, as well as continue with the various development projects that have been launched in my tenure such as splash polo, the techniques dvd and the referee test system.

I have also been in discussion with the other Chairpersons who feel that they would need a neutral person to represent Gauteng schools at the Water Polo Board of Control who reports to CGA.

Please feel free to forward this email to any interested parties.

Yours in polo
Mr. Marius Buys
Chairperson
Gauteng Schools Water Polo
23 February 2009
076 800 6983
buysm@stdavids.co.za